QC Chemist II
Safetec of America, Inc. has been your trusted source for infection control, first aid, and compliance products for 30 years. We are a fast-growing OTC pharmaceutical company located in Buffalo, NY. We are a family-owned, local business with a reputation for retaining employees because we treat them like family.
Come work for a diverse company, a WNY Best Place to Work, and is recognized for excellence in manufacturing!
The Quality Control Chemist II is responsible for daily laboratory testing with the purpose of accepting or rejecting test samples obtained from raw materials, batch, and finished good samples based on predetermined specifications with an understanding of cGMP/GLP practices. The candidate should be able to work quickly, efficiently, and safely and will assist the Quality Control Manager with other tasks as needed.
Essential duties are as follows:
- Perform chemical testing following current USP, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Test Methods (TM), and protocols
- Be proficient in using standard laboratory equipment, including pH meters, balances, pipettes, viscometers, UV/VIS, FTIR, and auto titrators
- Operate and maintain HPLC and GC systems and their related computerized software systems
- Makes recommendations concerning the cause and resolution of equipment issues or malfunctions
- Ensure that all results are neatly and accurately recorded in appropriate laboratory logs, notebooks, or other analytical reports
- Perform peer review of laboratory data for accuracy and completeness and prepares reports as needed
- Assist in the sampling, testing, and releasing of raw materials when needed
- Support stability testing, protocol registrations, and test scheduling
- Handle special projects and assignments as delegated (method transfer, method validation)
- Provide training to junior chemists in the use of instrumentation, methodologies, and standard operating procedures and act as a positive role model
- Write and revise SOPs and test methods as needed
- Follows laboratory and facility safety procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other closely related fields
- A minimum of 3 years of experience testing pharmaceutical products in a cGMP-regulated QC laboratory is desirable. Experience in chemical analysis of other materials may be considered if applicable.
- Good interpersonal skills that support working in a team environment.
- Demonstrate ability to perform work accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and work with minimum supervision.
- Able to delegate the required testing to competent and trained chemists.
- Ability to read and comprehend methods and other instructional documents such as SOPs and USP.
- Knowledge of Analytical techniques and ability to incorporate them into daily tasks.
- Computer literate.